TMPGEnc and the disappearing Video Codecs

Stormblade

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
It's weird. It used to show it. Then I was testing out something and uninstalled DivX 5.0, installed 3.11 then 4.0 then installed 5.0. Now when I go into TMPGEnc and try to save as AVI I don't see DivX as one of my options and I used to.

I went into Virtual Dub to see what it had and sure enough it had all the codecs I expected to see.

Any ideas how to get TMPGEnc to show up DivX and others like Virtual Dub is?

-
The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it

G

The best Idea is use TmpgEnc for what it was intended for - Working with Mpg1 and Mpg2 material and not DviX

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

Stormblade

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
Ok...but this doesn't help me discover why the codec choice disappeared from the video compression list and how to get that back. I use three different programs but I like to know why this happened.

-
The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it

G

Normaly too meany Video editing programs, DVD Playback programs and Codecs installed on one computer create such problems.
Seen it happen.

It's just like ASPI drivers [-peep-] each other while burning a CD.

Remove the codec of your choise, do a computer clean up, and registry clean up, and install the codec again.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

Stormblade

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
Thanks for the advice. So far no luck. I uninstalled all codec packs and rebooted. I then ran a program that showed me my filters and I removed a bunch of those and rebooted. Then I found the ACE Mega CoDecS Pack which I never tried so decided to try it out just to see and it fixed alot of problems I'd been having with playback on certain files. I'll have to use it for a while and see if files I could view fine before are giving me problems.

But even though it cleared up some problems still TMPGEnc doesn't show me a complete list of Codecs. Virtual Dub, Adobe Premiere do just fine so I know they are there. I've tried re-installed TMPGEnc. Perhaps I can try going back a version or two.

I'm running Windows XP if that makes a difference.

-