nednerbish

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
I got an Msi Gt73vr 6re w 16gb mem, i7, and a 1070. 120hz panel. I have no issues wwith is but a few games do crash. I cant play sims 3, The old skyrim (not redone version), Batman Arkham knight(known to have issues), and Gta 5 CONSTANTLY crashes after 5 mins. I'll get black verticle lines then either itll just crash w error or buzz real loud and i'll have to power cycle it. But here's the rub. I can play the witcher3 maxed out w zero crashes, Dishonored 2 runs fine. internet runs fine. But Msi and Xotic told me to rma it. I'm really confused as it plays some games great others it'll crash. I also read some bad rma stories. Any thoughts? Suggestions? All the Msi drivers updated and NVidia.

nednerbish

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014

none of thee above

nednerbish

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014

I use msi afterburner and gpuz and everything looks great gpu temp barely ever hits 70. Now I'm seeing more games deteriorate. I was playing rise of the tomb raider the other day fine now it looks like its running on 1ofps. Almost all my games are now giving me errors. I think its time to send it in :/ darn it.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Voltages. CPu clock, usage? RAM usage? More to those stats than GPU usage/temps. You can more accurately locate the issue. Even GPU voltage may give you a clue.

A lot of games need the c++ redist files installed. Fair enough RMA it but if you wait a few weeks for a new card then find you have the same problems you'll be back at square one.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Well they tend to get corrupted a lot, there are lots of various distro packages and you need some of the older ones. Look in one of the game program folders that doesnt work for a folder called _redist and you'll find the right one for that particular game. It may be the one that fixes a few other games too. Only a very quick option before RMA. Have seen it fix lots of games like GTA in the past.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
No there are only a few distro files. One should/could be enough. What folders do you see in your GTA program folder? Likely to be in Program Files, but depends how you got the game.

nednerbish

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
I rma and got it back. they switched the gpu chips from Samsung to some other brand and the mobo didn't get along w it as is so they flashed a bios to the gpu and mobo. not a single crash yet! Hallelujia!

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Outstanding, sometimes you just gotta send it back. I know how hard that is.

nednerbish

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014

This is the most expensive pc I've ever owned and the 3rd I've ever owned and I'm 40. I 1st got a 500$ Hp that came with everything in 2011, in 2013 I read about the new Nvidia cards that run on much less power. So I bought a 30$psu and an Msi Gtx750ti oc for arount 200$. I opened the Hp for the 1st time DUSTY MESS cleaned it and squeezed the psu in. Then popped in the gpu hit pwr and nothing. I was so bummed something was wrong w it. I remember seeing something about a bios switch on it so I flipped it and it worked!!! I now had a med/low gaming pc and was hooked ever since. Next, once I got my income taxes I bought the parts for a good pc. {i7 4790k, asus mobo, 8gb ram, gigabyte gtx 970 (eventually bought another and ran sli) with a 27" ASUS 144HZ monitor, Nzxt H440 case and evga 650wt psu. I built it all by myself w some internet help here n there. That was the best decision I ever made when it comes to computers. I learned building my pc w learning the specs, speeds, n software so much I feel I could work for Geek Squad or somewhere now. Ok now that you know my life story back to the forum title. I was told RMA could take a month or so to get back so I was pretty bummed. Then I saw (the amazon seller XOTICPC (wonderful company and cust service) paid for overnight shipping! which you're supposed to be liable for! They received it 1-3-17 and it was completed and taken to fed ex 1-5-17!!! and they overnighted it! Have a great day, or night! THANKS FOR RESPONDING!