Too many AntiVirus' running at once how do i find each and remove?

jagermain

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Also, is the built in Windows 10 Defender enough by itself or should I use the IoBit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate I purchased or Avast? I somehow bought all of these and I dont mind taking the loss but which is the better choice here?

Solution
Iobit advanced systemcare is more of a spyware program than an antivirus, at least from my experience of using it.

If you aren't going to pay for a good antivirus like ESET, rather stick with windows defender.
Avast also seems to be junk. (I've seen many enterprise servers with Avast/kaspersky/mcafee and none of them were secure)

My second choice would have to be Bitdefender.

To remove them, just open up control panel and click on "uninstall a program"

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
For Win10 I use [strike]Avast Free [/strike]but as long as your not going to sketchy websites or downloading stuff you shouldn't be I would think Windows Defender would be fine. At most I would only have one good AV & Malware program such as[strike] Avast[/strike] & Malwarebytes.

Edit: See comment below.

uberman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
I have been using defender for about a year now with no problems. Had AVG before that and also AVAST on another machine before they became bloated. Havent paid for AV software since around 2000. Defender and CCleaner work fine for me.

Faux_Grey

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Iobit advanced systemcare is more of a spyware program than an antivirus, at least from my experience of using it.

If you aren't going to pay for a good antivirus like ESET, rather stick with windows defender.
Avast also seems to be junk. (I've seen many enterprise servers with Avast/kaspersky/mcafee and none of them were secure)

My second choice would have to be Bitdefender.

To remove them, just open up control panel and click on "uninstall a program"

Solution

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
I take it back, as stated by Faux_Grey Avast is junk, at least for Win10. Since the anniversary update my system would boot to desktop faster but stuff like games and Chrome would take like a min after boot up to respond. Just for the heck of it I deleted Avast and am currently using Windows Defender and the system is much faster and responds as soon as I hit desktop.

jagermain

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

I understand this that's why I asked how to determine how many are running at once and then I can mremove them fro there I just need yourt help a small bit please sir. Thanks!