Question Toshiba 43LF421U19 Power Issues

4freedomssake

Estimable
Oct 30, 2017
I have really enjoyed my Toshiba Fire TV Edition, but one thing that's getting on my nerves it's the fact that it turns off on its own in about 10 minutes of inactivity. Screensaver starts and then suddenly it cuts off. I have reset to the factory settings and also checked for updates.

Any ideas?

I have read the opposite happening on the newest 4K Fire TV Sticks; that they make TV's turn on at uncertain times.

4freedomssake

Estimable
Oct 30, 2017
The sleep timer is off?
"Make sure that the sleep timer is not turned on. Press and hold Home until the Quick Settings menu opens. Select Sleep Timer, then change the setting to Off. "

It might be an ECO feature to save power

My apologies for such a late reply; Gmail did not notify me until yesterday. I looked through the manual and there are no mentions of ECO features. Sleep timer was checked before coming to the forum.

It might be a firmware issue, which is not solved yet. You should get in contact with Toshiba, eventually they can help you out. Might be a defect as well.

Just to get your problem right:
The TV displays nothing and doesn´t do anything, like streaming, live TV, playback audio or similar?

4freedomssake

Estimable
Oct 30, 2017
It might be a firmware issue, which is not solved yet. You should get in contact with Toshiba, eventually they can help you out. Might be a defect as well.

Just to get your problem right:
The TV displays nothing and doesn´t do anything, like streaming, live TV, playback audio or similar?

All other TV activity works fine. I'll check for updates.