t.chauv

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
My Toshiba 55A60A TV, serial#: 21961868 will not turn on after my basement was flooded with 6 inches of water. The outlet it was plugged into is well above where the height of the water ended, so why is it dead now? The breaker didn't even trip. Are there internal fuses inside of this model? Because I cannot find wiring diagrams anywhere online!! Plus when I enter in the model # or serial # at the Toshiba site, it says that I must have typed it in wrong, after 4 tries. Even though it says assembled in the U.S.A on the back sticker.

You did try plugging a lamp into the AC outlet to make sure it's working?
Since that's a floor standing rear projection TV six inches of water and a lot of moisture would not be a good thing for the electronics inside the wood cabinet.
Here's a link to the service manual for the closest model to yours.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/172593/Toshiba-50a50-55a60.html
It may be time to put the old war horse out to pasture.

Solution

t.chauv

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

The outlets are fine since they are a minimum 2 feet above the floor, and the power bar the TV was plugged into is twice as high from the floor. Since the insurance is covering anything, I have to pay to fix and replace everything that was in my basement on a disability pension. This TV might be 16 years old, but it worked great till this flood of 6 inches of water.If it's just a blown internal fuse, I'd replace it and hope it works again. Thanks for link!!!