toshiba a300d blank sceen

ptek2004

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Press on and leds come on but nothing just blank screen no beeps either.
Did the button trick and dead. Removed ram dead. Replaced ram dead. Removed wireless card and all other plugins and dead. Replaced processor and dead. Heated graphics chip dead. Had anybody found a mother board repair to fix this issue. Im competent electronics engineer but have no drawings or ideas on what volt readings where. But I can change parts. Any advice ?

Solution

the motherboard controls everything. theoretically if cpu is good because of the one he got replaced and ram is good, he can also get the leds to light up, and well of course he tested out his adapter the provides power , now if he doesnt have the right adapter then get one i was just assuming you would if you were to get this far as to post on the forum ok if he has the right one then...

Panays

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
I had 2 laptops andbotn had this proplem, on start u need to have the monitor low 10 cm before it closes and try restarting lapop couple of times until it works then u can open the monitor as much as u like

Why do you suggest to reflow the GPU if he doesn't have the correct voltage from the adapter. And why to replace the motherboard, if you don't known where the problem is coming from. You should not advise what you don't know.

Henroyp

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

the motherboard controls everything. theoretically if cpu is good because of the one he got replaced and ram is good, he can also get the leds to light up, and well of course he tested out his adapter the provides power , now if he doesnt have the right adapter then get one i was just assuming you would if you were to get this far as to post on the forum ok if he has the right one then it still doesnt work ...test the gpu plug up a monitor via vga/hdmi and check if you get an image if you do then your screen or screen cable is bad .if that doesnt work gpu reflow and if that doesnt work, replacing the motherboard would be the best option unless you want to go through the trouble of testing every transistor and capacitor on the motherboard

Solution

ptek2004

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Thanks guys. I will try a reflow. I have tested voltage and it is correct. External monitor doesnt work. I have noticed if I leave it on then the fan kicks in when warm. So the mobo seems alive to an point. I also have correct voltages on the battery terminals.