Toshiba Blink Code Decoding

PhunkyZebra

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Yesterday, I left my Toshiba Satellite laptop plugged into the wall to charge. When I returned in the morning, the battery light was blinking orange. When I unplugged the charger, it continued to blink, but after a while it stopped. When I plugged in the charger again, it started blinking. Here's the code;

I think. It's a dot dot dot dot longdot dot dot dot pause dot dot dot dot longdot dot dot dot pause... etc.

Does anyone know what this means, or does anyone have any idea where I can get help? The warranty isn't still on here.

firefet

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
I had the same thing happen (same blink code, too) with a Toshiba A15-S129. I unplugged it from the wall and removed the battery. After replacing the battery, I was able to boot the computer, but when I plugged in the AC adapter, it immediately shut down and gave the same blink code. Upon checking with a multimeter, I discovered that the power supply was putting out 19V! Again, I had to replace the battery to get it to boot. I used a spare power supply that put out the correct 15VDC and everything worked fine afterwards.