Toshiba boots continually to bios. Help :-/

paul.does.this

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
I have a Toshiba L830-145 running 250mb ssd and 8Gb of ram. Windows 10 is the OS. I have a issues with the boot .. Every time I hit the power button the machine goes straight to bios. When I exit it decides to shut down reboot back into bios. I have so far tried swapping out both HD and memory ( both known to work and boot. . Ive also tried draining the laptop of juice holding down the power key and with the battery out. The restarting it. Straight back into bios. Any help would be greatly received.

Solution
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started...
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Solution