Toshiba C660D won't power on

NDaly

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
On Friday my laptop died very suddenly. I was able to turn it back on but it died again almost immediately and I haven't been able to power it on since. The power light flicks on for a sec, so it's not completely non-responsive but it doesn't start up.

I have tried the 'remove battery, hold down power button, replace battery' trick but unfortunately it's not doing anything for me.

The laptop is quite old, about 4 years, and the battery has been showing signs of age. The laptop on a full charge used to have power for 6 hours but recently the battery would last less than an hour without being plugged in.

It's possible that it just needs a new battery, which isn't too bad as it will only(!) cost about €40 and the files should be safe. Does anyone have any other ideas or insights? Am I way off and my poor old laptop is FUBAR? Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

NDaly

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I hadn't thought of the power supply due to the way the laptop died but I will try using a different power source, thank you.

No it doesn't power on when it's plugged in. The light flickers on but then nothing. The light just dies and the laptop doesn't come on. There's no light on the plug.