toshiba eco charge mode cannot charge to 100 percent

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
I am trying to disable eco charge mode on my Toshiba Laptop. I am pretty sure that I have done that except I think the laptop is still operating as if it is still in the eco charge mode. I cannot charge to 100 percent, it will only go to 80 percent.

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

I have a Satellite L15W-B1208X. I am still unable to deactivate eco charge, but it appears to be deactivated. But still acts like it is enabled. I Cannot charge my laptop to 100%, and now I cannot not even enable eco charge mode, since I try to turn the toggle to on and it flips back to off, it won't stay in the on position. But the most important thing is that I cannot charge to 100%. I put it in eco charge mode to preserve battery life, so there should be nothing wrong with the battery.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from debbiebell2010 : "Satellite L15W-B1208X Eco Charge Mode"

to enable the eco mode, you will have to unplug the AC adapter and flip to "enable". After the battery reaches lower than 50%, it will stay on and not flip back. After that you can try to disable the eco mode again and charge your laptop with the AC adapter.

"You will be instructed to discharge the battery to approximately 50% at least once without plugging in the AC adapter. Failure to do so will result in eco charge mode not being enabled"

Is your power plan of windows set to balanced and not ECO?

Is it the original AC adapter from Toshiba or a replacement? Which model is it?

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
How do you reset windows. And just to mention that Microsoft said that it is not Toshiba Eco Utility program is not theirs and that this is a Toshiba problem. And how can it be a defect when the laptop is only around 2 or 3 years old. And I don't usually use the laptop mobile, most of the time it is being used at home. What about uninstalling and reinstalling the Eco Mode Utility Program, or maybe it is a glitch in the program. I have tried discharging the battery below 50% a couple of times and it still only charges up to 80% and stops. Then Says "80% available (plugged in, not charging). Any other ideas?

You won't need the Toshiba utility. Just uninstall it and have a look if it charges then.
If the tool made something in Windows that is not reversible by the Toshiba tool, most likely it's a bug and a reset or fresh install of windows can help. Type "reset windows" in the search bar of windows. Be sure all important data is saved before.

Try to discharge the battery completely
A defect can happen right out of the box or 1 or 2,... Years later. That's just hardware and batteries are very sensitive. That's why those usually have less warranty than the laptop itself. Up to one year.

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

debbiebell2010

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Can you tell me how to uninstall and reinstall. or how to do a reset or fresh install of windows. I am not very computer savy, so I kind of need step by steps. or at the very least something to follow. Also there is a lot of people that have said to take out the battery I am unable to do that. So that is not an option. Can I continue to run my computer with adapter even tho the battery is not charging to 100%, and only charging to 80%. However I would prefer that I Have the battery capability.