Solved! Toshiba L500 power problem

usmcskii

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Dont know if this belongs here if it doesnt my apologies,

When i unplug the power cord to run this laptop on battery the screeen will flicker and if you try and run a program it will stop responding/ restart...IE exploer has stopped responding ect ect it has done this on 3 different OS's ive installed on it

also ive updated all drivers for everything.....when the battery is plugged in it charges and when unplugged the meter goes down, so it has a charge, i have no clue what it is ! any help is appreciated

and to note when its plugged in it works fine

Solution
You can try to do a BIOS update, not sure if you did that along with the drivers.

Although it's a bit odd that this fails this way with the battery, first thing to really try is a new battery. Battery issues are usually that the laptop just shuts off, or does not charge or loses charge fast, not tha tit rurns slow or lock up the PC.
You can try to do a BIOS update, not sure if you did that along with the drivers.

Although it's a bit odd that this fails this way with the battery, first thing to really try is a new battery. Battery issues are usually that the laptop just shuts off, or does not charge or loses charge fast, not tha tit rurns slow or lock up the PC.

Solution