TOSHIBA L755 BIOS UPDATE FAILED

anehsar

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hello,ARE THERE ANY SOLUTIONS OR WAYS TO REPAIR A TOSHIBA LAPTOP L755 AFTER THE BIOS UPDATE FAILED? THE PROBLEM IS AFTER THE BIOS FAILED, THE PC SCREEN IS BLANK EVENTHOUGH IT SOUNDS AS IF ITS UP & RUNNING

bucknutty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Step one is to reset the bios by pulling out the bios battery. On some laptops the bios batter is under the main battery or under the keyboard. Sometimes you have to take the machine a part. The memory settings from the old bios might not have translated properly causing the memory to be over clocked or timed wrong. This could prevent the laptop from posting.

Step 2
Search Google for Blind Bios Update, or blind flashing. When you update the bios sometimes the basic input and output are not updated, so the computer is still working at a very minimal level. The vga is overwritten and corrupt so it won’t display.

See if the caps lock and number lock keys still get the indicator light when you hit them. If they still work there is a chance you can make a blind flash recover disc. It is a basic boot CD with an autoexec that you can make in notepad. The autexec is basically the dos command to run the flash command.

If your caps lock key and number lock keys still light up then the computer still has enough brains left to read the keyboard maybe it will have enough brains to read the CD and execute the autoexec.

It’s a long shot but at least it is something to try. Other than that you have to send the computer out for professional service. Sometimes they can replace the bios chip, sometimes they need to replace the mother board.

chappy62

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Mine did the exact same thing on Apr 2. I saw the update popup in my taskbar and I just clicked on it to get it started. It said to leave the laptop plugged in on AC power and to make sure that it stayed plugged in. I let it do its thing and came back to it later. The screen was displaying an error message and everything was locked up. No mouse movement, no nothing. I called Toshiba immediately and spoke with their tech support. After explaining everything they said that I would have to send it to them to have it repaired. It would take 7 - 10 business days, plus however long it took to deliver to the depot and send back. So currently, because of THEIR update, I am f'ed from my files and getting work done.

I am getting the prepaid shipping box from Toshiba today to put in the mail tomorrow. As soon as I get something back or an update, i will post.

Gamekeeper408

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Go in to the BIOS (F2 or F5 or F8 or F12) depending on manufacturer be4 the Windows Boot screen comes up....Look for Factory Restore. I would also disable HDD PW (if any)....Set it so you can bypass Admin PW.....If no Factory Restore try Last Best Config option....if none work.....Get a HDD (Used is fine) with atleast XP Pro....Get(Barrow if poss) USB Hub that you plug HDD (second HDD) into plug into USB and set boot sequence to boot from (Make number 1)USB Then make a ISO/recovery image of second HDD......Run file on internal HDD...this MIGHT fix THE problem.....Also check to see monitor not blow out. Try all before sending it to manufacturer or a Geek Squad type idiots.

***DISCLAIMER....I TAUGHT MYSELF ALL I KNOW.....LEARNED A LOT SINCE MY 1ST 3 COMPS WERE USED!SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THEM 1ST 3 COMPS WERE ALL CHEWED UP WITH VIRUSES AND MISSING DLL's,REG FILES,AND MISSING ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS AS WELL AS MISSING RESTORE PROGRAM(BACKUP/RESTORE AND DLL's REG FILES WERE ON ONE OF THE 3...SO MY INFO ADVISE MAYBE COULD BE AND MORE THEN LIKELY PARTS BE WRONG OR HARD WAY....JUST HOW I LEARNED***

Please feel free to correct anything I may have missed or right idea but to wrong program or whatnot.

Thanks,

MichaelH545

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I had the Same Issue After using Toshiba Utility to update bios......Computer Locking up booting to windows....

I fixed the issue like this:

1 Power Off

2 Hold F2 key and Power On

3 Computer enters Bios.....

4 Arrow over to Advanced Settings

5 Select Restore to Default

6 Save and Exit-----As Computer Reboots Hold down F1 Key

7 When Boot Options appear , Arrow to Safe Mode without Networking

8 If Computer Boots to Safe Mode Select Restart and Computer Should Boot Normal :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: