Toshiba L775 S7307 BIOS Chip / Jumper

N_alu808

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
The BIOS chip is a SOIC marked 25L3206E. It has 8 pins and is not accessed thru the RAM panel but under the key board just left of mouse pad. You can't miss it its the only 8 pin there. It took a week to find it. I want the next person to find it in 1 hour. A person from Europe showed me and now Im showing you. Good luck. 2/16/2017

Solution
The Pxe option is for booting the system and loading the windows os from a server for a client based machine with not storage medium such as a hard disk drive fitted to it N_alu808.

Why do you have the option for it enabled in the bios of the laptop, if the laptop contains i`ts own hard disk drive with windows OS installed on it ?

Go into the bios of the laptop and disable the PXE bios network option.
Then go to the boot options section or menu options and set the Internal HDD of the laptop to the number 1. setting for booting from for windows Os to load.

Save the new changes in the laptops bios settings before you exit it.

The writing with PXE-M01 will go away from the top left of the monitor or display screen, and the laptop will...

N_alu808

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
Anyone know how to reset the chip. I need my laptop back. Its the only machine in the house that never let me down. I think its worth saving. I have the black screen PXE-M01 please check cable and the Supervisor password. It was written down the day I created it but the computer wont recognize it. Maybe a sticky key was active that day I don't know. Yes Its mine I have the box and the receipt from 2012. And if anyone needs I was able to obtain a 165 page user manual for this series. Let me know if you are in need.

Shaun o

Distinguished
The Pxe option is for booting the system and loading the windows os from a server for a client based machine with not storage medium such as a hard disk drive fitted to it N_alu808.

Why do you have the option for it enabled in the bios of the laptop, if the laptop contains i`ts own hard disk drive with windows OS installed on it ?

Go into the bios of the laptop and disable the PXE bios network option.
Then go to the boot options section or menu options and set the Internal HDD of the laptop to the number 1. setting for booting from for windows Os to load.

Save the new changes in the laptops bios settings before you exit it.

The writing with PXE-M01 will go away from the top left of the monitor or display screen, and the laptop will start to load windows.

You do not need the PXE-M01 bios rom boot,enabled as said for network booting of the laptop if it has a working HDD with windows os installed on it.

Try it ! follow the instructions I gave you on what to set or enable, select in the bios settings for the laptop.

Solution