Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Hey all,

So i got this old laptop, a Toshiba Tecra 730CDT, Pentium MMX, windows 95, all that good stuff.
i bought the thing in a thrift shop, with some stuff like a external floppy reader en mouse ect included.
got a universal laptop adapter recently that supported it. but once i power it on i get the message that it's BIOS is damaged (gonna upload some pics later on). Now i know how to fix laptops with Windows issues, but if the BIOS won't even load, how do i work with it at all?

i found a few forums saying that i need a fresh BIOS installation file on floppy (or possibly CD).
But that means i need to actually get Floppy discs. that is, if i can even find the BIOS files, but i trust the internet got that covered.
But i know that replacing the BIOS chip is also an option, if this thing has one that's removable.

So before i go an desperately try to buy more ancient relics :pt1cable: , does anybody here have any tips or advice? some help would greatly be appreciated.

Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Het, not yet, it's not reachable under the RAM hatch so i need to take it apart a little bit, i will look into it over a few hours.

Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Okay, so i took half the bloody thing apart, found out that the battery's are in a special kind of package.
but with those out i get the same error. and there is no way these are still avaiable.

looking at other forums, i'm afraid there isn't much i can do, the floppy trick only works if it has problems but still loads the bios