toshiba l875d-s7332 won't install windows 7 pro

Mwoods2

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Can't load windows 7? toshiba l875d-s7332 with wn8/64bit. It a new laptop. Replace hdd with new blank hdd and would not boot from bootable USB with wn7. Tried new hdd in another laptop no problem, wn7 loaded fine. Put original hdd back in toshiba l875d-s7332 and tried to install wn7, no go. Any idea how to get wn7 on a toshiba l875d-s7332?

Solution
Most laptop BIOS won't allow for a USB bootable. If it does, you will need to set the drive as the primary boot device by going into the BIOS. Set that first. If that doesn't work you will need to delete all partitions and then do a full format of your HD before you're able to install Windows again.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Most laptop BIOS won't allow for a USB bootable. If it does, you will need to set the drive as the primary boot device by going into the BIOS. Set that first. If that doesn't work you will need to delete all partitions and then do a full format of your HD before you're able to install Windows again.

Solution

Mwoods2

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

I set bios to boot to USB first. But nothing. Do you think there is some kind of security or digital signature it needs to proceed? I've rebuilt many pc's with this same USB stick and never had a problem. And why won't it let me replace the hard drive? Many Thanks for your answers!