Toshiba Laptop blinking orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjaya_4

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
While charging my Toshiba Satellite L730-A191 laptop, power and battery indicators were blinking orange and battery level was decreasing instead of increasing. What might be the cause of this?

It would not be the battery if it charges when turned off.

This normally happens when a charger is damaged (even if you cannot see said damage) and it is no putting out enough power to both run the device and charge the battery at the same time. It will then often only charge it when turned completely off.

The only way to fix would be to replace the charger.

I am assuming the laptop was on when doing this? If so, try charging it when it is off. If it charges then, it could be a problem with the charger. Then the charger would need to be replaced.

If charging it while it is off doesn't change it, and it doesn't charge the battery, then you may well need to replace the battery.

Sanjaya_4

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

Yes, you are right, i have tried this and it charges. I am getting this problem for a year now and changed my battery in between and still getting the same problem. Now I having the same problem when laptop is off. Is it only charger's problem?

It would not be the battery if it charges when turned off.

This normally happens when a charger is damaged (even if you cannot see said damage) and it is no putting out enough power to both run the device and charge the battery at the same time. It will then often only charge it when turned completely off.

The only way to fix would be to replace the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bd01ng Laptop Tech Support 3
shujinko45fox Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
vlahos Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1