Toshiba Laptop Drivers - Question

Sam_191

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
So ive looked everywhere, and am not finding drivers for these Toshiba laptops anywhere. Am i missing something or has Toshiba just sunk more nails in their coffin? After this debacle, Toshiba laptops have $0 value for me. Complete garbage.

Just want some other input, maybe im overlooking something, but their website is crap.

Am i missing something?

Thanks everyone!

Sam_191

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Model is kind of moot to the question, but.....C55D-A5150 when going to their site, i can find what i need to for the parts of the website, but its only bloatware, no drivers....:/ Beyond frustrated (i have over 25 years hardware experience, so its not lack of knowledge).

Sam_191

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
No, i bought it with 7 (half installed, no drivers) installed on a failing HDD, so i replaced the HDD and installed 7.

rgd1101

Polypheme

and didn't make a recovery disk?
try going to 8 or 10 and look at what drivers it offer and then go to the components manufacturer website to see if they still have windows 7 driver.

Sam_191

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Nothing to make a recovery disc of unfortunately. Whoever before me, just popped a win7 disc in and clicked next, got to a desktop and never installed anything else. I think ill try some win8 drivers and see if they work, otherwise ill just upgrade it to 10 :/

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I have had success finding Windows 7 drivers for laptops that came with Windows 8 or 10 but the manufacturer rarely provides them. They don't provide drivers for OS's that they never sold the laptop with. Hardware ID's from device manager are your friends!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 5
K Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 7
X Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 5
O Laptop Tech Support 2