toshiba laptop error and restarting

BetoKBK

Prominent
May 4, 2017
i have a Toshiba satellite model S50-CBT3N23 which i modified using toshiba webpage, the specifications are:
windows 10 home,
Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor (optional) (4M Cache, up to 3.10GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0,
16 gb memory (8gbx2 DDR3L),
1 tb 5400 RPM HardDrive,

I use the laptop for photo editing, using Creative Cloud, photoshop, lightroom, etc.
the problem is when if using Photoshop and playing music the computer starts to slow down until it reaches the point where the screen turns black then it restarts.

can anyone helps me with this problem? what can i do?

Edited post to list specs.
Lutfij

Solution
I'm assuming that the OS hasn't been reinstalled since it came into your possession? I'd ask you to open up Task Manager and see how far your resource go when on idle and when you're taxing the system. If you see abnormally high memory/CPU/HDD usage(or a combination of all three) then you're suffering from a memory leak. You're going to have to run repair install.

If that fails, you're next option is to recreate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 and reinstall your OS. Mind you, please make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date before following through the above steps.

BetoKBK

Prominent
May 4, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BetoKBK : "toshiba laptop error and restarting"

i have a Toshiba satellite model S50-CBT3N23 which i modified using toshiba webpage, the specifications are: windows 10 home, Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor (optional) (4M Cache, up to 3.10GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, 16 gb memory (8gbx2 DDR3L), 1 tb 5400 RPM HardDrive,
i use the laptop for photo editing, using Creative Cloud, photoshop, lightroom, etc.
the problem is when if using Photoshop and playing music the computer starts to slow down until it reaches the point where the screen turns black then it restarts.

can anyone helps me with this problem? what can i do?

Lutfij

Splendid
I'm assuming that the OS hasn't been reinstalled since it came into your possession? I'd ask you to open up Task Manager and see how far your resource go when on idle and when you're taxing the system. If you see abnormally high memory/CPU/HDD usage(or a combination of all three) then you're suffering from a memory leak. You're going to have to run repair install.

If that fails, you're next option is to recreate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 and reinstall your OS. Mind you, please make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date before following through the above steps.

Solution