Solved! Toshiba Laptop no bootable device

Feb 7, 2019
Was having severe resource issues with windows 8. Everything fine in safe mode. I couldn’t load task manager to disable startup services. I finally opted for Toshiba refresh. Got to about 50% complete and then message that it failed. Restart failed, got no bootable device message.

I entered bios, ensured Hdd was first boot option, and same result, wouldn’t boot. Selected default settings and same result. Removed power, battery, and held power button for 30 seconds, tried all again no luck.

I have run out of things to try. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Solution
It sounds to me like your drive may be failing. I would make sure to run some good checks on it before going through the trouble of trying to reinstall the OS.

flutie22

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I have a Toshiba Satellite lap top quite old, hard drive failed, had trouble getting new HD to take Windows 10, kept getting 50-70% before failing. Got similar message as you, I had no Windows 10 disk, but was able to download a windows 10 on to flash drive, I had boot from USB selected in settings, it kept almost completing, think 4th time it went all the way with no reason or rhyme.

Have you got any disk, Windows 8 ? Hey you sounded desperate enough , so I throw 2 cents in. Probably you were not wanting to format your disc.

Feb 7, 2019
I have a Toshiba Satellite lap top quite old, hard drive failed, had trouble getting new HD to take Windows 10, kept getting 50-70% before failing. Got similar message as you, I had no Windows 10 disk, but was able to download a windows 10 on to flash drive, I had boot from USB selected in settings, it kept almost completing, think 4th time it went all the way with no reason or rhyme.

Have you got any disk, Windows 8 ? Hey you sounded desperate enough , so I throw 2 cents in. Probably you were not wanting to format your disc.

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. I don’t have a disk.

Can’t help but wonder if we are both from natick?