Solved! Toshiba laptop not booting with or without battery installed

ANOTHERgarry

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120. For no apparent reason, suddenly it will not boot, nothing. If I plug in the charger, (with or without battery fitted) I get what appears to be a flashing charging LED with a series of long and short orange flashes. The series of flashes appear to be (L for long, S for short) SLLSSSLS. This is then repeated. Despite one battey being installed overnight, there is no charge in it at all. I have tried two batteries, both reasonably new and both working up until yesterday and one with a reasonable charge still in it.
There are no other LEDs lit on the front of the machine, no sound of fan or HD drive. Apart from the flashing charge LED, dead as the Dodo.
I have just noticed, When I first plug the charger in, I get one green flash before the charge LED starts it's flashing. Anyone any ideas please? Dodgy charger perhaps?

Solution
It could be a few things. I would first suggest you check on the manufacturer's site to see what the code you are getting, for the flashing lights, means. They usually have such information in their support section. Doing so will save you a lot of trial and error in resolving the issue, and possibly excess costs.
It could be a few things. I would first suggest you check on the manufacturer's site to see what the code you are getting, for the flashing lights, means. They usually have such information in their support section. Doing so will save you a lot of trial and error in resolving the issue, and possibly excess costs.

Solution

ANOTHERgarry

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Ref Maarten_08 - check out the second paragraph from the bottom of my original reply

Ref webworkings - I did look for this but could not find anything that matched the flash sequence

Thanks for your replies to both of you

ANOTHERgarry

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
To webworkings - Thanks for your info and advice. Converting my short/long flashes to binary gives an error code of 01100010 (62 in hex) which points me at the brand new OEM charging brick purchased less than three weeks ago. It would, according to the Toshiba website, have a 3V output that is too low on boot. I wIll have to find yet another charger (third time in a month).
As an aside to this problem, having measured the output plug on the lead from the brick, I am assuming the 12V power plug is a 3.5mm rather than a 3mm. Am I right in this assumption or is it realy a 3mm that has become worn in the case of this laptop.
If it is the former, does anyone know of a supplier of 90 degree angled plugs? EBay is remarkable in it's lack of the 90 degree versions. Plenty of straight plugs, but no 90s and this laptop is for use of kiddywinkles and they keep bending the straight 180 degree power plug somehow. I thought that if I could find a 90 degree one, it would save them the problem of bending a straight one, and also save me the problem of soldering a new plug on every week or so,