Toshiba laptop question-- no bootable device

DeboriaSchock

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I dropped it about 2 feet to the ground on a carpeted floor this morning and now I am getting a message saying- no bootable device please restart system. I tried to restart it man times and I think the hard drive has come out of place. But I do not know about laptops. I do know that it was working fine before and after the fall, although I only opened it and moved the mouse around and opened Mozilla for a few seconds after the fall. I thought it was fine but I guess I was wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Solution
you will have to access the hard drive inside the laptop to see if it is seated properly. Otherwise, you have probably had mechanical failure on the hard drive due to the fall, in which case you will need to replace the drive and reload the OS.
you will have to access the hard drive inside the laptop to see if it is seated properly. Otherwise, you have probably had mechanical failure on the hard drive due to the fall, in which case you will need to replace the drive and reload the OS.

Solution