Toshiba laptop won't charge

Lori_28

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
I think the charging port in laptop is the issue with mine. Couple days ago had to wiggle cord in port to get it to show it was charging. Today can't get it to do that so the battery dead now and no lights in the front of it no white or orange. Should I take to get port looked at?

Solution
Well are you sure it is the port and not the cord? If you can borrow a cord from another device/person and try it to see if it works. If yes, then all you need to replace is the cord.

If that doesn't do it, then the port is a tad more work to replace. However if you are comfortable doing the work, you can find the part online.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, do not do any work on it or have anyone else do any before contacting the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.
Well are you sure it is the port and not the cord? If you can borrow a cord from another device/person and try it to see if it works. If yes, then all you need to replace is the cord.

If that doesn't do it, then the port is a tad more work to replace. However if you are comfortable doing the work, you can find the part online.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, do not do any work on it or have anyone else do any before contacting the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Solution