Toshiba Laptop worth and where to sell?

jalajprakash

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop I bought nearly 2 years ago. I was just wondering how much my laptop would be worth. It's a Toshiba Satellite P50t-A with everything maxed out. It has a Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz with 12 GB RAM. It has Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M. It has 15" touchscreen which comes in pretty handy with screen gestures. It is in absolute mint condition and still has a year left on its all inclusive warranty which includes any damage including accidental damage. I bought it for around $1200 originallyI would really appreciate a valuation. I am thinking of building a PC to replace it. :)

Solution
id say you could get maybe 350-400 dollars locally on a site like craigslist, backpage, or other local buy/sell/trade sites or in local classified ads. also try ebay.... really though everyone is going to try to low ball you but i would start at 500 and not go below 350. hope this helps

p.s. also consider trading for a decent desktop with solid core parts and upgrade a part or 2 at a time.

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
id say you could get maybe 350-400 dollars locally on a site like craigslist, backpage, or other local buy/sell/trade sites or in local classified ads. also try ebay.... really though everyone is going to try to low ball you but i would start at 500 and not go below 350. hope this helps

p.s. also consider trading for a decent desktop with solid core parts and upgrade a part or 2 at a time.

Solution

jalajprakash

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

I was looking on Ebay and even a new motherboard for my computer is worth $350. I was really hoping to get more than that for it.

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
why would a motherboard cost you 350? are you building a super pc that will be used for a server or heavy video editing?
even a decent gaming motherboard can be purchased for around 80-120

jalajprakash

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

No, I just looked up the name of my laptop on eBay hoping to find a used one but there were none. The i7-4700MQ motherboard that goes into my laptop costs 350

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
laptops are never worth replacing a motherboard nor the processor most laptops are throwaway after the warranty runs out. and laptops offer no upgrade path so the specs it has are what you are stuck with.... with the newer gaming lap tops going for 800-900 with gtx 950m and an ssd no one will pay over half that for a laptop with a much weaker graphics card and similar processor. sorry