Toshiba not finding wifi signals

Tundersub

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi, recently my laptop went in for repair cause it wasn't charging and they replaced the motherboard, and now a week later the Laptop has stopped showing any wifi signals. My other devices connect to the wifi fine but the laptop just says 'no wifi networks found.' The laptop is a Toshiba satellite l30w running Windows 10. thankyou

Solution
It's possible they did not reconnect the cables properly. For now, you can try reinstalling the driver for it; you can get that from Toshiba's support site (just look up your model).

If you can't get it to work on your end, I would bring it back to the shop and ask them to check that out for free.

UnatonedLizzy

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
TunderSub, do you have any ethernet cables by your side? If so connect your laptop to your router and see if you get internet. If you do, could you tell me if you updated your network drivers recently? Regardless if you can connect with your ethernet it simply means that there is a problem with your network drivers. Do a fresh install of the network drivers. To do that goto Control Panel>Device Manager>Click On Network adapters>Click on the driver that says "<Name of driver> Wireless Network Adapter">Click on "Uninstall"(Located at the top area)>Once un-installed click "Scan for hardware changes">Then your driver will re-appear on the "Other drivers" or "unidentified drivers" section>Click on that group and click "Update driver software".

It's possible they did not reconnect the cables properly. For now, you can try reinstalling the driver for it; you can get that from Toshiba's support site (just look up your model).

If you can't get it to work on your end, I would bring it back to the shop and ask them to check that out for free.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS