Toshiba not stocking/selling repl laptop batteries

Mar 6, 2018
Anyone know why Toshiba stopped selling laptop replacement battery's like for Tecra A8 and where to buy repl battery that is reputable ?

Mar 6, 2018

hmmmm :heink: I'm just a layperson Popatim, but my sense is that probably is probably the least likely considering that about 6 mos ago Toshiba probably had ? a HUNDRED+ replacement batteries and yesterday ONLY 12 (twelve). :)

popatim

Splendid
They have to dispose of them when they get old even though they've only been sitting on a shelf. Its kind of hard to determine if a battery is new when the manufacture date says 2012 LoL. We had this happen with Lenovo batteries here at work and ended up getting new batteries free for nearly all our laptops because we had no way to know which ones where the brand new ones vs which ones were original and neither could they.

Mar 6, 2018

Of course but I got to doubt THAT situation has anything to do with this because that situation is nothing new and seems to me would just necessitate action to remove & restock but does not necessitate a need to UP N REMOVE the part number too, just to remove the part and then indicate the product is Out of Stock.
My best guess is it possibly might have something to do with the 2016 Toshiba/Panasonic battery packs recall and along with, who knows maybe some problem with the new supplier/manufacturer. Or ??? :/