Toshiba: Our Tablet Will Be Superior to iPad 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
No... you're not going to sell more than the IPad just with specs, performance and pricing... you have to do it with marketing. IPad doesn't sell more because because it's a better product or cheaper, it sells better because of the branding and packaging.

If you make a turd look like a new age device, offer it in black and white, market the hell out of it... people will buy it.

G

@chronicbint

wanna share what apps you have floating around on your iPad that's not a fart app or a game

onichikun

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]joshyboy82[/nom]Why does Tom's, with 1.4 million readers, have poor sub-headline grammar? "...will be far more superior..." Superior is superior, you don't use it if the product isn't the greatest. That's like me saying, "Tom's is the more greatest of the tech sites over Engadget". It doesn't make any sense.[/citation]

I believe you are incorrect sir. "...far more superior.." is a way to emphasize that not only is it superior in one aspect, but many aspects. That is, it doesn't just have a superior camera, it has a superior X, Y and Z. This is OK since the word "superior" is not a superlative.

Your example, however, makes no sense. The word "greatest" is a superlative. You cannot be better than the greatest. Thus "..more greatest.." makes no sense.

Stop trying to show your superiority by "correcting" articles.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
i find this entertaining. i currently have a toshiba gigabeat s in front of me that i use as a portable hard drive now. This was a direct competitor to ipod and was better IMO, but still they can not blow apple away, people will still buy that shit. I really dont know how Apple have done it, getting people to buy their shit. People at work are getting iphones, even my manager who should know better, and he has absolutely no use for it, but still got one...... Its like people think its the only thing they can get??? When are these apple drone zombies going to wake up??? is there a cure???? these people need help!!!!

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Honestly, I've said this before and will say it again: There is no need for tablets. Sorry. I see them as nothing but a waste of money. Want to get something that can do everything a tablet can do? Get a touch-phone (apple, droid, win7, w/e..). That way, it's more capable (able to make phone calls as well as doing everything those pads can do) as well as more compact. /endrant

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
the Toshiba tablet is far more superior. "We are confident that we can match pricing for their new iPad 2 while delivering a device that is richer in features," he said.

It doesn't even matter if this is true. Apple remakes the wheel on all its products and pretty much everything out there is cheaper and better but people still buy apple.

If thats what it took to sell something people would only buy apple for looks. but then i cant stand their aesthetics either.

Status
Not open for further replies.