Solved! Toshiba Qosmio x500 (no directx 11 support)

nomailx

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I was just about to buy the new Qosmio x500, when I discovered that the GPU inside Quosmio x500 (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250M) doesn't support DirectX 11.

I looked out and find out that Directx 11's Direct3D11 will require hardware support for tessellation.

So Toshiba brings a new gaming laptop, supporting windows 7 and directx compute, but they didn't mind Not Supporting directx 11?

Here are my questions:

1. Is it a smart move to cancel the Qosmio x500 purchase and wait for a model with a GPU fully supporting Directx 11?

2. Are there any GPU supporting Directx 11 yet?

3. If not, how much longer shall one wait to see the next Qosmio with a GPU supporting Directx 11?

thnx anyway.

Solution
As far as I know the only GPUs that support DX 11 are the ATI Radeon HD 5000's and they aren't available for laptops yet. NVidia won't have a DX 11 card until they release Fermi (or if they release it at this point). Needless to say, you are probably going to be waiting a little while for DX 11 to come to laptops.

That and there are only 2 games that currently support DX 11, Batman Archam Asylum and Resident Evil 5.
As far as I know the only GPUs that support DX 11 are the ATI Radeon HD 5000's and they aren't available for laptops yet. NVidia won't have a DX 11 card until they release Fermi (or if they release it at this point). Needless to say, you are probably going to be waiting a little while for DX 11 to come to laptops.

That and there are only 2 games that currently support DX 11, Batman Archam Asylum and Resident Evil 5.

Solution