TOSHIBA Sat L300D-10B need help for recovery.

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hello guys,

My bro have this old laptop and gave it to me to restore it back to factory default.
I did as I should do... I press the f8 button and power up, I kept f8 pressed till I get into the repair menu. Then I chose the option to "bring back to original state, complete recovery thing"... I got the warning DO NOT SHUT DOWN YOUR LAPTOP etc but guess what.
It did shut down maybe because it overheat or something! I didnt do it, I left it to do its thing alone and nearly the 90% it turn off.

Now I dont get the repair option, I think it corrupted the secret partition I have no idea how to check that? It doesn't load windows any more just an error blue screen.. F8 gives me the option to safe mode only but safe mode does not have any windows to load.

I tried to find the ISO file for windows vista and there is no any vista any more, not even to purchase a recovery cd from TOSHIBA!!! So is there any website that I can download the iso file for vista and use that? The laptop beneath it does have the microsoft sticker with the product cd key.

If I download the iso file of vista from the official microsoft website?

Please guys give me some options! Toshiba dont support that laptop anymore! It doesnt even recognise the serial number in the website ,they dont even have the option to order a recovery cd for it.. He is going to kill me

Solution
Vista is not supported by microsoft anymore... You can probably find it on Amazon but other than that I am not sure where you can find a genuine copy of Windows Vista.
You can download windows 10 from HERE. Might have to purchase a license and also I'm nit sure if your system can handle it.

If you have a microsoft account like to your old windows vista, microsoft might be able to help you.

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Vista is not supported by microsoft anymore... You can probably find it on Amazon but other than that I am not sure where you can find a genuine copy of Windows Vista.
You can download windows 10 from HERE. Might have to purchase a license and also I'm nit sure if your system can handle it.

If you have a microsoft account like to your old windows vista, microsoft might be able to help you.

Solution