Toshiba satellite AMD A6

Kaniluvyou

Commendable
May 9, 2016
My Toshiba will only go to the utility page I want to do a recovery on it because when I powered it on yesterday it was flashing windows virus it did it several times so I was going to Do a soft recovery I did bk up all my files B4 it shut down now it will only go to the utility page I have tried holding down the zero button and tapping the F8 Even holding the power button down while holding the zero button it didn't come with any disc I got this last yr the model# is C75d-B7260 It comes with Windows 8.1

Solution

Unless your laptop came with a license for Windows 8, you need to pay for the 7 to 8 upgrade. Better off going to 10 since it's free and is better than 8.
Hi,

When you say Utility Page do you mean it goes into BIOS? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still get stuck on the BIOS screen, turn it off again then remove the HDD off the laptop.
- Power the laptop without the HDD and see if it will still get stuck on the BIOS screen or not.
- If it will get pass the BIOS screen without the HDD that means the problem its the HDD that is faulty.
- But if it will still get stuck on the same screen that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.
- You can try resetting BIOS by opening the laptop and removing the CMOS battery for a second then put it back in.
- If it will still not work then it needs a repair.

Kaniluvyou

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Kaniluvyou

Commendable
May 9, 2016
The boot page I was able to get .the to the administrator / window/ cmd and I type in the recovery health and reset PC and I never found any corrupt files it would just say there is no internet or external path for this link or something like that I made a disk from the website windows tech support gave me for software but it doesn't seem to want to write to the drive it will sound like its going to but than stop I don't know what to do I'm pretty sure there still files on it I just don't know where to find then it also said something about a path when I ran the health check up not that it was bad that it couldn't find it

Does not sound like you are doing the correct steps to do a factory restore. Hold down the 0 button, then turn on the computer, don't hold in the power button. You should see the recovery screen come up, release the 0 button when you see that. Select the option to reset it with the operating system it shows. https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864

If that does not work, list exact error messages and exactly what you see happening. You may have a bad hard drive.

Kaniluvyou

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Kaniluvyou

Commendable
May 9, 2016
T/y for your help I wasn't able to use the disk the Window tech told me to download at the link she gave me it was for windows 10 anyway I didn't want to put that back on there anyway I found an old windows 7 disk I had from my E- machine pop it in there & it download like a charm the thing is I would like to put window 8 or 8.1 bk on it any suggestion? Thanks in advance

Unless your laptop came with a license for Windows 8, you need to pay for the 7 to 8 upgrade. Better off going to 10 since it's free and is better than 8.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS