Toshiba satellite c655- no bootable device

Clueless001

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
I was trying to restart my toshiba satellite c655 to factory setting when my computer died, now when i turn it on it says:
check cable connection!
PXE-M0F : Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

I have absolutely no idea what to do.. someone please help me!!!

Solution
It's probably only trying to boot to the network because it can't boot to the HDD. I think the HDD is there, but if you were in the middle of restoring the system to factory(imaging the HDD), and it dies in the middle of it, then the restore didn't finish, and the HDD is unable to boot. You have to start the restore all over.

ss202sl

Honorable
When you mean setting back to factory settings, you were trying to reload the OS? If so, then is didn't finish when it died, and there is no bootable OS on the hard drive.

You have to redo the restore back to factory settings.

It's trying to boot from a network connection (which you aren't booting from). Do you know how to access your BIOS? You'll need to go into there and navigate to the "Boot" section, then see if your hard drive is there. If it's not, that is why you're suddenly getting the message you're seeing; because the hard drive has kicked the bucket.

Reactions: meowtain

ss202sl

Honorable
It's probably only trying to boot to the network because it can't boot to the HDD. I think the HDD is there, but if you were in the middle of restoring the system to factory(imaging the HDD), and it dies in the middle of it, then the restore didn't finish, and the HDD is unable to boot. You have to start the restore all over.

Reactions: meowtain
Solution