Solved! Toshiba Satellite C655D S5089 Info

Feb 10, 2021
Hel lo can anyone tell me if the AMD V140 processor my laptop came with is upgradeable? I understand many models of laptops are not able to take upgrades, however I do know that some of the models in the satellite series are indeed capable of taking an upgrade including some in the C655D-S500 category (like mine) I just don't know if my pc model is specifically upgradeable? Does any posses any knowledge. Thank you for any cooperation in advance.

Solution
Seems that CPU uses a socket that is removable, if your laptop can run something faster, it may but could be questionable since that socket had several variations and even if a CPU fit, it may not work.

Really for something that old and slow, you can spend 100-150 on a newer much faster laptop and get much better results. Lenovo T430/430s are great for used systems, easy to work on, can stick an SSD in one if it does not have it already and plenty of them around on the used market.
Seems that CPU uses a socket that is removable, if your laptop can run something faster, it may but could be questionable since that socket had several variations and even if a CPU fit, it may not work.

Really for something that old and slow, you can spend 100-150 on a newer much faster laptop and get much better results. Lenovo T430/430s are great for used systems, easy to work on, can stick an SSD in one if it does not have it already and plenty of them around on the used market.

Solution