Recently, my laptop overheated during a gaming session and after my normal 30 minute wait after an overheat i attempted to turn it on. When I pressed the power button the normal operational lights such as capslock, and the charging lights came on for a split second and tuned off. The battery seems to hold a charge and the charging light is on when the charger is plugged in. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Edit: I just was moving my laptop around and heard a small rattle as if something plastic was loose in the case.