Solved! Toshiba Satellite C875 won't connect to internet

Jan 17, 2019
Toshiba Satellite C875 with Windows 8.1 won't connect to internet wirelessly or through ethernet. The connection shows as active and packets are being sent and recieved, but I cannot use the internet in any way.

Solution
A this site message refers to just a singular site. Are you able to access any sites at all? Also, have you tried testing the internet connection, to see what speed it says you are getting? You may want to consider trying another browser, to see if IE is the problem.

I would also try connecting with a different device and see if it can connect.

Should it keep telling you that there is no access to any site (not just one) and happen on more than one browser, plus not let other devices as well, then I would contact your ISP and find out if there is a problem.
Jan 17, 2019

I am trying to access the internet through Internet Explorer and it is telling me that "This site can't be reached".

Troubleshooting through the browser, as well as the network settings in Windows, brings back no results.

A this site message refers to just a singular site. Are you able to access any sites at all? Also, have you tried testing the internet connection, to see what speed it says you are getting? You may want to consider trying another browser, to see if IE is the problem.

I would also try connecting with a different device and see if it can connect.

Should it keep telling you that there is no access to any site (not just one) and happen on more than one browser, plus not let other devices as well, then I would contact your ISP and find out if there is a problem.

Solution
Jan 17, 2019

I didn't refer to a singular site, I didn't even mention any sites. I tested the connection with IE and it will not work. I cannot do a speed test because it will not load a page in any browser.

The internet service is not the problem, as it works on all other devices.

The message "This site can't be reached" refers to a site, hence my mentioning it.

However, if none will work, in any browser, and things work on other devices, then there is something definitely going wrong with yours. Will it connect to any other WiFi or Ethernet?