Toshiba Satellite E45W-C4200x won't turn on with battery power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2018
Hi,
I use satellite E45W-C4200x laptop. I am facing a weird problem with my laptop. It doesn't turn on battery power and battery led doesn't work while the laptop is plugged in. I tried all possible troubleshoots. I even tried replacing the battery. While plugged in my laptop shows fully charged. Can you please help me out.

The new battery, is it OEM or after market? I ask because if after market it can still be the battery that is the cause. Some devices will not work correctly with aftermarket batteries.

Especially if your laptop is registering that there is a battery inserted.

You might try turning it on, while it is plugged in, then try unplugging it. See if it will stay on or not. If it does, then the problem may well be the battery isn't putting out enough power to start the laptop. Either way, however, the battery could still be incorrect/malfunctioning. Yes, even a brand new one.

Oct 24, 2018

Thanks for your reply, I got the battery from a Local dealer and got it checked with a couple of other laptops of the same model. The battery I have currently and New one are working fine. Even as suggested by one of my friends, I got the power IC checked and they said its working fine. Need a solution getting mad on this.

Oct 24, 2018

Hi,
I tried it with an another battery which is working on another laptop of same model. I even tried my battery with the other laptop and its working fine.

My Laptop stays on until the laptop is plugged in, Turns off as soon as i remove the Adapter.
Couldn't find any other solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.