Toshiba Satellite L50-C03E Running VERY slow

Piguma

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone, Im having a bit of an issue. Like the title says, I have a Satellite L50-C03E that I bought late last year and it has always run SO SLOW!! It shipped with Windows 8.1, then upgraded to Windows 10. Then in an effort to speed it up, I Clean installed Windows 10. And Now clean installed Windows 7. Its core i7 5500U with both a and I upgraded the RAM from 8Gb to 16Gb but the darn thing still runs slow as heck. Does anyone know why on earth it would be like this? Is this a known issue with there laptops? Or is something bottle-necking my system? This link is my system: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/l50/pskwsa-03e003/specifications Thanks in advance everyone

Solution
First of Windows 7 will always run slow on newer hardware because newer hardware comes with optimization for new OS.
Secondly your i7 can be capped down at 600 MHz on low power thus slowing you even further (you need to set your power options to high performance).
The only bottleneck I can think of is your HDD but Windows 7 is a far more likely suspect.
Go back to the original 8.1 as it fairs better.

Andrei N

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
First of Windows 7 will always run slow on newer hardware because newer hardware comes with optimization for new OS.
Secondly your i7 can be capped down at 600 MHz on low power thus slowing you even further (you need to set your power options to high performance).
The only bottleneck I can think of is your HDD but Windows 7 is a far more likely suspect.
Go back to the original 8.1 as it fairs better.

Solution