I was on internet explorer, I had two tabs; Facebook.com & NHL. Com, my mouse pointer disappeared, I held the power button to restart my laptop, I got to log back in, about 11:45 p.m. last night, my mouse pointer disappeared again, I held down the power button to restart my laptop and my log in screen wouldn't come up. I would choose launch startup repair (recommended) my log in screen comes up, but it's only the blue log in screen and my mouse pointer. What does this mean? If I get it fixed, will I lose all of my saved pictures, music, videos and saved word and excel documents?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug is AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work do try loading in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode then press Enter.
- Once in Safe Mode run System Restore and restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to perform System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings
- And if this will work your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself which you'll loose all your files and will be back to factory settings.
- Here's how to perform System Recovery: https/support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864