Toshiba SATELLITE L675D-S7016 USB Drivers Do Not Work with Windows 10

Birdman2010

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I installed Windows 10, and now the USB ports do not work on my Toshiba SATELLITE L675D-S7016. Toshiba only offers drivers for Windows 8 and older. I installed everything that Toshiba offered for Windows 8 and no luck! My USB ports still do not work! Any ideas? Thank you!

robert600

Distinguished
Lots of folks won't like this answer but I'll give it anyway lol.

I've been stuck for drivers a few times and what has 'bailed me out' is a program by Advanced System Care called Driver Booster 4. The free version is fine. I've never used it on a Toshiba but it has done the magic on other Laptops. It lets you pick and choose which of the recommended driver updates it wants to do so and ... it allows you to rollback anything it does update so .... not much to lose by trying it.

Birdman2010

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Robert, I tried the software, but it didn't work. In addition, this software kept trying to install additional applications on my computer. I hate software that keeps trying to "sneak" software on your computer. I am concerned that this software has installed spyware or adware in addition to the Driver Booster, which did not even work! I will keep my eye open when I use the notebook. If I see something suspicious, I back up my data and then I will do the Windows 10 "Reset" function and get rid of everything.

Unfortunately, the only answer is to continue using this notebook without a USB driver.

Birdman2010

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Windows 10 Pro Anniversary edition. Toshiba offers USB drivers for Windows 7 for this notebook. The USB ports work perfectly with Windows 7. However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, the ports do not work at all. The ports will not even charge up my Android phone. The ports act like they are not even physically attached to the notebook. However, the ports worked perfectly with Windows 7. I am thinking about going back to Windows 7 even though I really like Windows 10.

ffg7

Splendid
unless it is usb 3 type ports then no drivers needed for usb 1 & 2 type ports as that is part of windows. did you install the motherboard drivers as that appears to be an amd motherboard? did you do a fresh install of win 10 or an upgrade from a previous windows? a friend of mine is having a similar problem but with his laptop's webcam & the anniversary version of win 10. he is supposed to be picking up the latest post anniversary win 10 that I downloaded from MS to see if that corrects the problem.

Birdman2010

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

The ports are USB 2.0. I did a clean install for Windows 10 Pro. The ports worked perfectly in Windows 7. When I installed Windows 10, the ports disappeared. In other words, the Device Manager shows USB ports. However, when I plug USB devices into the ports, I do not get anything -- no sounds, nothing. When I install Windows 7, the ports work again. I may have to re-install Windows 7 and just live with it even though I like Windows 10 a lot better. I am also concerned that Microsoft is not offering as many security patches for Windows 7 since "mainstream support" for Windows 7 ended on January 13, 2015.

Birdman2010

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I checked the bios. Again, everything works perfectly with Windows 7. I think it is just a USB driver problem with Windows 10. I may have to re-install Windows 7 and live with it, or I will have to keep using Windows 10 for the security updates and just live without the USB ports.