Toshiba satellite M50-A-11Q reboot

chewy485

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hi,
My Toshiba satellite M50-A-11Q was accidently knocked to the floor, at first there appeared to be no damage but a couple of things wouldn't load up so I turned it off to restart it.
When I turned it back on it brought up the Toshiba opening screen followed by the password screen (all as normal). Then when I enter the password the screen goes blank for a moment, it then bring up
>>checking media presence......
>>No Media Present......

That's only there for a couple of seconds and then the screen shows

Reboot and select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press key

I have tried to try holding down F2 but nothing happens differently.
My computer knowledge is really a bit rubbish but if anyone has any ideas in simple language!) it would be great to hear them
Cheers
Rachel

chewy485

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
New news, I managed to get up the reboot menu by restarting with ctrl alt del then holding down F12, However, when I selected the recovery option and then pressed yes, it then brought up the same 2 screens as previously.
And now when I try F12 again it doesn't do anything!

Sounds like your hard drive was either knocked loose and isn't connecting properly, or it got damaged and is no longer working. Either is possible when a laptop gets dropped.

Unless you feel comfortable opening it up yourself, I would suggest you take it to a tech.

chewy485

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I have already openned up the back of the computer and the hard drive seems to be completely still attached as it should be, so I was afraid that it might be internally damaged.
Oh well, probably time for a new laptop anyway!