Toshiba satellite no bootable device

Djmikewhite

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
My cat knocked my laptop off the the bed today, and left a really nasty shatter on the screen. But even worse I think it messed the hard drive up. I keep getting the error no bootable device. Please restart.

I have started it into bios and everything is right except the HDD/SSD says none. What can I do to fix this?

Solution
Sounds like the drive either got damaged, and that you can't fix, or it got dislodged and needs to be reconnected (physically).

If the device isn't under warranty, then you can open it up and try fully disconnecting and then reconnecting the drive. Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can take it to a local tech.

If it is under warranty, although dropping isn't usually covered, you can still try contacting the manufacturer about the issue.
Sounds like the drive either got damaged, and that you can't fix, or it got dislodged and needs to be reconnected (physically).

If the device isn't under warranty, then you can open it up and try fully disconnecting and then reconnecting the drive. Or, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can take it to a local tech.

If it is under warranty, although dropping isn't usually covered, you can still try contacting the manufacturer about the issue.

Solution

Djmikewhite

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
It's out of warranty, I pulled it apart, got the ssd out, and tried reconnecting. Still nothing. With the case that is on it, I am unable to see any physical damage to it. Looks like I'll need a new one.