Toshiba Satellite notebook: wireless switch button F8 is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

07delta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hi, can you please help me, my toshiba satellite notebook A135-S4427, F8 (wireless switch button) is not working, regardless of pressing Fn + F8 and clicking the touch pad,contacted my verizon wireless provider, said the set up is ready , but there is nothing they can do about the F8 wireless switch button, is there any way to by pass this button to set my wireless switch on

Solution
Hello 07delta;

The Fn+F8 switch won't work if the WiFi hardware switch on the front of the laptop isn't set to ON first.

07delta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

Hi WR2,

Thank you, thank you so much, really appreciate, little did I know that little microscopic little knob in front of my laptop
was doing the trouble after moving that knob on it works right away, saves me maybe a hundred buck to computer
shop for repair, God bless you guys,

TennilleO

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Can you give us more information and/or image of the knob. We have gone over our laptop and can't find it. Is it near the volume? We can only find the light there. We have a L550.

hasi_12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

I have a solution that i found on the net. I had the same problem except, my satellite was brand new, and even when i would use the function keys, nothing would work. So, first disconnect your laptop from power, remove the battery, and press the power up button while holding it down for atleast 30 seconds. i know it sounds weird, but that's what i thought at first, and it worked. Ofcourse while holding down the power button, nothing will come on as there is no power source. after you're done, put the battery back on and connect the laptop to power, then switch on the laptop, your wifi should be working. Although, you should always have the battery atleast half, or connect the laptop to power when using wifi. however, that's how i dealt with it. Hope it helps and works. post back if it does

Sharkchamp

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Can't believe it but this crazy solution actually worked for my Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050. I'm stunned.

d16tr

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

I have no idea how it worked .. but it WORKED on my sattelite A655 .. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.