Toshiba Satellite P755 problem with Graphic Card

Polypaul

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Hey,

i recently bought the P755 i installed drivers etc, but it only will show me the Intel HD Graphics.
I know the Geforce GT 540m is in there, but i cant access it somehow. I downloaded the geforce driver which told me its not compatible. I also downloaded Nvidia Experience, but when i try to install it it said it cant find an Nvidia GPU? In bootmenu etc i cant find Intel Graphics nor Nvidia ones, I really dont know what to do.

Solution
Toshiba's support pages for their drivers make no sense, when I had one, they would have both realtek and intel wifi drivers listed for the same model as well as AMD Chipset drivers when I have an Intel.

Warukyure

Estimable
Can you flip it over and tell us the exact model number as Toshiba reuses the first 4 characters a lot. (Denotes the series number is what you listed the P755-XXXX is the model)

Does the video card not show up in Device Manager?

When you right click the desktop does it not have the Nvidia Graphics option listed as well as the Intel options?

Are you using the drivers from Nvidia themselves or the drivers from Toshiba?

Polypaul

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Hi,

P755-S5194

It does not show up in Device Manager and there is nothing to be found with Nvidia anywhere.
I tried tons of drivers (of both) but errors with installing.

Warukyure

Estimable
Toshiba's support pages for their drivers make no sense, when I had one, they would have both realtek and intel wifi drivers listed for the same model as well as AMD Chipset drivers when I have an Intel.

Solution