Toshiba Satillite laptop lights up when plugged in but won't turn on

Razzak_1

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
This problem happened to me a while ago where I could plug in my laptop and the led light would turn but when I go to turn it on the power light flashes for a second and goes away. I've tried removing the battery and holding down the power button and putting it back and it didn't solve the problem. I ordered a new mobo and installed it, plugged it in without battery and turned it on and it worked again. However when I put the back casing on and put the battery back in to charge it up the problem came back. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi,

Have you tried to boot the laptop with the back casing but without the battery? If it will boot up without the battery it may be time to replace the battery as well since it may be causing the boot problem. Do also try to put the battery back in once it's loaded in Windows and see if the same problem will persist if you reboot it.

Razzak_1

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

yes i have and the problem still occuring. Im not sure what it is at this point. I was thinking of buying another mobo and not put the battery in it but at the moment I dont spend the money on another one.