Question Toshiba screen does not turn on but the engine starts normally

Jul 26, 2019
Want to ask the master ...
I have a Laptop Toshiba Satellite L645D - S4050RD, the screen can't live but the engine is running well. I bring it to service, I paid expensive but used 3 times, the screen turns off like the previous problem. I feel cheated by the service technician, because I don't know about electronic technicians. Asking the help of the masters to explain problems like this, so that I bring them to the service not being deceived again

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019
This can indicate that there is a problem with the power supply or voltage. Confirm if your voltage is fine? Otherwise, the best-case scenario would be that the LED screen, there can be a problem with the wiring or the power coming to it. It doesn't happen with new laptops.

It's better if you claim your warranty or ask a local technician.

Reactions: XClone.Globe
Jul 26, 2019
I have come to the technician, he said the VGA chipset was the problem and it must be replaced. but after being replaced with a new chipset, precisely the laptop was turned on the third time, the problem returned as before. so, I feel cheated by the technician. Is the chipset really a problem on the laptop?

Jul 26, 2019
I have come to the technician, he said the VGA chipset was the problem and it must be replaced. but after being replaced with a new chipset, precisely the laptop was turned on the third time, the problem returned as before. so, I feel cheated by the technician. Is the chipset really a problem on the laptop?
Oh yes, I forgot about the chipset. Yes, the chipset is built in the motherboard so it plays a big factor. How can the problem resurface? Call the technician again and do not pay him this time. Maybe some internal issue is creating the issue between the motherboard and chipset.

Jul 26, 2019
Oh yes, I forgot about the chipset. Yes, the chipset is built in the motherboard so it plays a big factor. How can the problem resurface? Call the technician again and do not pay him this time. Maybe some internal issue is creating the issue between the motherboard and chipset.
this will be the third time visiting a technician but the problem cannot be resolved. What is a chipset and what should I do? please help.

Jul 26, 2019
this will be the third time visiting a technician but the problem cannot be resolved. What is a chipset and what should I do? please help.
I understand your position you must be frustrated and irritated. But right now only a technician can resolve your issue. Give it a try and call the technician or find a new technician

Jul 26, 2019
I understand your position you must be frustrated and irritated. But right now only a technician can resolve your issue. Give it a try and call the technician or find a new technician
it seems like the best choice. thank you for helping me.
if there is a solution or suggestion please let me know