toshiba screen replacement

Hlias Anton

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Hello.
i have a toshiba satellite c660d 11P with broken screen,
i used a screen from a toshiba satellite c660d 1D5
but the laptop doesnt display any image, just a bright black screen.
my laptop screen model is: B156XW02 V.2
and the other that i used is: LP156WH4(TL)(A1)
Also i would like to say that i get image with an external monitor.

Its normal that i dont get image with the other display? Its must be exactly the same model? or my laptop may has and another problem?

It must be the same model for the most part.
Check your video cable, make sure it is fully connected and that it was not damaged during installation.
I have done screen replacements where I did not fully seat the video cable at that connector and once I checked it and reseated it, it was fine.

Hlias Anton

Estimable
May 8, 2014
well the video cable is fully connected, i spoke with a screen replacements store and they told me that the the other screen should work and there is not point to buy a new.
I cant understant why the screen doesnt display anything, just a bright black screen? any other idea?

Again, it might be possible that the replacement has an issue with it. Try connecting the laptop to an external monitor. If you can see a picture displayed on the external monitor then it is definitely an issue with the screen itself, if you get the SAME black screen picture on the external monitor then it's more than likely a hardware related issue within the laptop itself i.e. bad or failing GPU.

Hlias Anton

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Well with an external monitor it works fine, the replacement screen its fine as well since it works in my other laptop. I guess the problem has to do with the mobo, since i tested the monitor cable, the inverter is fine since i can see the backlight on the screen.Also i would like to say that when i open the amd catalyst it recognize the external monitor with its model, but .the laptop's screen as an unknown monitor.