Solved! Toshiba sound issues

Apr 11, 2021
Greetings. First post, so be kind. I have two Toshiba Laptops. C855--S5347 and L745-S4210 Satellites. The sound in my opinion is not up to par. I mean they work but have a tinny sound. They sound fine with heaphones. I have tried changing drivers, changing Operating Systems. Even tried linux. Same thing. Bought new set of speakers for the L745, put them in and it's the same thing. I recently bought the C855 with windows 8.1 and it was the same before I touched it. Has anyone else noticed this on Toshiba Laptops. How do I fix it or am I chasing ghosts? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Solution
I think you are stuck. The internal speaker system is designed as part of the machine and the sound quality varies greatly from machine to machine. I did own an HP laptop that had poor sound that I fixed with driver changes (I actually went back to older drivers). It's been fine since recent Windows updates. BTW--are you aware Win 8.1 is no longer supported? It reached end of life several years ago. Last I knew, you could still update to Windows 10 for free. You really need to update. Especially if you have anything sensitive on your machine like health or financial data. It also may be the case that windows 10 will help with your audio. Make sure you update from the Microsoft web site and not some random download (that is likely...
I think you are stuck. The internal speaker system is designed as part of the machine and the sound quality varies greatly from machine to machine. I did own an HP laptop that had poor sound that I fixed with driver changes (I actually went back to older drivers). It's been fine since recent Windows updates. BTW--are you aware Win 8.1 is no longer supported? It reached end of life several years ago. Last I knew, you could still update to Windows 10 for free. You really need to update. Especially if you have anything sensitive on your machine like health or financial data. It also may be the case that windows 10 will help with your audio. Make sure you update from the Microsoft web site and not some random download (that is likely infected with something).

Solution
Apr 11, 2021
I think you are stuck. The internal speaker system is designed as part of the machine and the sound quality varies greatly from machine to machine. I did own an HP laptop that had poor sound that I fixed with driver changes (I actually went back to older drivers). It's been fine since recent Windows updates. BTW--are you aware Win 8.1 is no longer supported? It reached end of life several years ago. Last I knew, you could still update to Windows 10 for free. You really need to update. Especially if you have anything sensitive on your machine like health or financial data. It also may be the case that windows 10 will help with your audio. Make sure you update from the Microsoft web site and not some random download (that is likely infected with something).

Thank you for your reply. Yes I do know that Win 8.1 is no longer supported. I did upgrade to Win 10 . It did not help the sound with the C855 or the L745.