Solved! Total used of

Jul 30, 2019
Total used of

Hello

On my panasonic eluga phone (32 gb internal storage from company), I have formatted sd card (32 gb) as internal.
It is expected that "total used of" should show something like 60 gb or so.
But it still shows 32 gb.

Please help.

PS: It works correctly i.e. shows 60gb on my motorola phone.

Rgds,
A

Solution
Working on one device isn't a guaranty it will work on the other. However it is possible that the device you have it in now is also the problem.

As stated before, it is possible the device just doesn't register it correctly when you try to convert it to "Internal" storage. It happens with some device.

If it shows correctly, when installed as "External" storage, then it is an issue with the device.
Sometimes devices don't show the numbers correctly when a card is changed to be "Internal" storage. Why, can't say. Different issues with different devices.

However, that said, if it is functioning correctly and showing the correct total (as you mentioned), I would not worry about it.

Now if the card was not actually made "Internal" by the phone (which happens) then it would show the numbers separate as mentioned.

Oh so it isn't showing the "Internal" storage amount incorrectly, it is show the SD card storage incorrectly.

It may be the way that the card was set up, due to the way the phone itself does the setup. Do you have only files on the card or have you installed apps onto it yet?

Jul 30, 2019
Oh so it isn't showing the "Internal" storage amount incorrectly, it is show the SD card storage incorrectly.

It may be the way that the card was set up, due to the way the phone itself does the setup. Do you have only files on the card or have you installed apps onto it yet?

Phone is newly installed and card is something which was working properly on my other older phone.

It may be the way it was installed on the new phone. It happens a lot, especially with devices that say they are making the card "Internal" storage, but they truly aren't. Doesn't happen with all devices or all ways to make the card "Internal" but those that are a quick choice when the card is first inserted often aren't making the card truly "Internal" which can lead to the device not registering the info correctly.

If there are files on the SD card I suggest moving them off the phone (computer, cloud, etc.) and then change the card to not be internal storage and allow the card to be reformatted by the phone.

Note: A card working on one device does not guaranty it will work on another. Cards are easily damaged.

Jul 30, 2019
It may be the way it was installed on the new phone. It happens a lot, especially with devices that say they are making the card "Internal" storage, but they truly aren't. Doesn't happen with all devices or all ways to make the card "Internal" but those that are a quick choice when the card is first inserted often aren't making the card truly "Internal" which can lead to the device not registering the info correctly.

If there are files on the SD card I suggest moving them off the phone (computer, cloud, etc.) and then change the card to not be internal storage and allow the card to be reformatted by the phone.

Note: A card working on one device does not guaranty it will work on another. Cards are easily damaged.

Thanks for your infos. But I have tried multiple formats and multiple reboots with various combinations before posting my problem on various forums. Also, the card is not damaged, since I get expected result on my motorola phone.

Working on one device isn't a guaranty it will work on the other. However it is possible that the device you have it in now is also the problem.

As stated before, it is possible the device just doesn't register it correctly when you try to convert it to "Internal" storage. It happens with some device.

If it shows correctly, when installed as "External" storage, then it is an issue with the device.

Solution