Totally blank screen, non of the methods I read about worked

Issy_Spades

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
I tried all the methods above except the taking it apart ribbons thing, and it still won't turn on AT ALL. It won't even show the Samsung text or the charging screen. I also haven't used it for a year or more. The area around where the charger chord in the tab is hot (does that mean its working?). I don't know how to turn it on. I think I have a galaxy tab...

What that means is it is possible that the battery is not working right or the device isn't charging correctly. First I would test the cord on another device and see if it works for that one. If it does, then the cord is fine. If it doesn't, try a different cord on your tablet and see if it charges.

If it still won't charge/turn on and it is still overheating then you may want to replace the battery as that 'may' help.

If the battery replacement doesn't do it, then the device may well be dead. In that case the only option is to get a new one.

Issy_Spades

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

This is the only Samsung device I have so I can't test it out on another device... But I'll take it to a tech person to see what's wrong with it. Thanks!