Touch Screen PSP 2 May Come by Holiday '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Sold my PSP a while ago and just recently bought a DSi for some reason. Maybe just maybe this could convince me back to PSP platform. PSP game is so richly rendered but I guess the US have more "casual" gamer than hardcore. Casual could mean "I only have 20min to play", hardcore is the other away around "I have all the time in the world."

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
PSP appears to be close to dead, look how many pages of games are being released on gamestop's site, like 3 pages compared to probably 10 pages of DS. All the good PSP games are coming out last in line. Yeah what happened to GT for PSP? I would play it for a whole 5 minutes but would be interesting to have.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]PSP appears to be close to dead, look how many pages of games are being released on gamestop's site, like 3 pages compared to probably 10 pages of DS. All the good PSP games are coming out last in line. Yeah what happened to GT for PSP? I would play it for a whole 5 minutes but would be interesting to have.[/citation]

Hard to compare pages of games when DS is full of Hana Montana, and Barbie crap.

G

This refresh might be EXACTLY what I was waiting for. Give me something fairly light with a great screen with nice battery life (at least 4 hours) for playing media and I would get one. I've been holding off because of UMD and the screen ghosting situation. If they coupled a media distribution system like steam, they would start churning huge monies (at least from me).

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I fully agree with Grims and nhthnttyhn!

I have had a PSP for almost 2 years now (The Phatie) and a DS for almost 8 months now.

The DS is more oriented towards the younger crowd (That's what Nintendo is all about, kids bring more money) and the PSP is for the more mature audience.

I love the DS only for the fact that puzzle games are far more easy to play on it (It feels almost like using a PC mouse). I use my DS more often then my PSP (The DS holds the charge for a longer period of time before the battery drains out completely). It loads games faster then the PSP (A LOT faster). I adore the fact that all I have to do, when getting on the bus (Or when taking the metro) is just open the DS and start playing, once off the bus (or Metro) I close it and it can stay in a sleep mode for days.

BUT the DS is very, very, very underpowered!

Games that look amazing on the PSP, are UGLY on the DS. PSP can do much more than just load games (I can check my email account, listen to shoutcast radio stations, listen to my AAC/MP3 music, watch videos in H.264 format and more). If SONY succede in making a PSP 2 which is touch sensitive, with a builtin mic and a 1.3 MPixel camera. I would definitely ditch out my DS.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Grims[/nom]Hard to compare pages of games when DS is full of Hana Montana, and Barbie crap.[/citation]

LMAO truth to that. I added a thumbs up for that comment.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]LMAO truth to that. I added a thumbs up for that comment.[/citation]
Too true. While there are good games...There are ALLLLOOOOTTTTT of junk games too.

Cmhone

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2005
It would be nice if it had a touch screen, but it would be even better if they got rid of that god-awful UMD

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Grims[/nom]Hard to compare pages of games when DS is full of Hana Montana, and Barbie crap.[/citation]While that's certainly true that FF:Tactics or FF7:CrisisCore blow away Hannah Montana, and even Daxter wipes the floor with Barbie, and Cooking Mama is a gimmick, these games sell! If they put Oblivion on the PSP, good game though it is, it would have to SELL to be useful to Sony. The Wii/DS have lots of shallow, short, immature games, but that's what sells

That said, I much prefer the screen on a PSP, the feel of the device, the antialiasing (oh sweet lord I love the AA and bilinear), and the games, but they just won't sell as well as casual games (remember PopCap Games, anyone?). Sony needs to push cheap ($20) casual games for PSP, lots of young/silly easy games to get people interested in larger numbers. Learn from Nintendo. Do what works.

G

yo homiess some 1 tell me what is the new psp that comes out in febuary because i just got 16,0000 from my dad and i think i want dat psp that is touch an im feeling it so i hope it is coming out in febuary

Status
Not open for further replies.