So yesterday my touchpad stopped working properly. Now it stops responding every now and then and I have to wiggle it around a lot to get it to work again, its worse when I have typed for a while or when i haven't touched it for a while.
I have tried to update the Synaptics driver and i have tried to turn it off and on and I have tried to restart my PC. The "device settings" tab does not show under mouse properties, I dont know why. My PC is an Acer Aspire E15 E5-552G and i have had it for a month now.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot observe if you'll have the same problem or not.
If all these will not work proceed with opening your laptop.
- Open your laptop and make sure that the cable connecting the Touchpad is properly seated.
- Take it off then put it back in making sure it's well seated.
- If these doesn't work you'll need to replace the Touchpad itself unfortunately.