Touchscreen wont work !

Bernhard29

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Samsung Galaxy 10.1. . I changed the battery and loaded it. Now I cannot get into the system. The touch screen do not react.
How to get into the system. Pressing the ON and SOUND buttons will not open up the system.
Anybody have ideas what to do ?

When you changed the battery out, did you make sure you didn't dislodged anything else inside the tablet? All it takes is for something to be a little loose and it won't work correctly.

You are probably going to have to open it back up and recheck everything.

Bernhard29

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I have made a new installation of the battery but the touch screen wont work....I have connected the unit to my computer and I can see the content...but I can not see any possible way of repair...
It is possible that I have done something I should not do while changing the battery, but what ?

As I mentioned before, if anything was dislodged (not with the battery but with other components) when you were replacing the battery, it could cause this. Even if something doesn't look loose, doesn't mean it isn't. That is what I would be looking for. Any connections that could have been jarred and that go to the screen.

Bernhard29

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Bernhard29

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I have put the old battery back and carefully connected the cable for the battery and the 3 flat cables for the unit to no avail....I managed to get the manual mode by clicking the power and volume buttons. I have rebooted the system. Now I wonder if if I shall use Factory reset ? It will erase all the data I have in the unit....
I have found no lose cables or anything.....